Friday 22 February 2019

14 Feb!

Happy Valentine's Day ! 

I was reading the newspaper one morning. I came across a column of various offers and checked the date of the newspaper. It was 14 Feb, Valentine's day. After marriage, this seems like a normal day most of the time. I ran towards Sheetal’s apartment and rang the bell. Sheetal opened the door.
"Hey, Happy Valentine's day," I said. I saw her face and asked her, "Why do you look so sad? Where is Shekhar?" 
Sheetal replied, "He had to join the duty. He went in the night."
"Alright", I said, "let's go shopping."
Sheetal said "No, I am expecting Shekhar's call in the evening. I should be at home."
"You can receive your call anywhere." I replied. "Anyway, he will call you in the evening. See my husband is on tour and Shekhar also left to join his duty. So let's celebrate Valentine 's Day together. You will feel good." 
"Alright, but not now. Let's go in the evening," Sheetal suggested.
I agreed and went back home to finish my housework. Then I got ready to go but it was 4:30 pm. I switched on the TV and tried to pass my time till 5 pm. While changing the channels, I came across the news channel which broadcasted the news of the terror attack on an army bus. 
I thought about Shekhar. I ran towards Sheetal's apartment. Memories of Sheetal and Shekhar flooded my mind and made me emotional. They got married six months ago and she stayed here with her in-laws. "She is young. Oh, how would Shekhar's parents react?" I asked myself. 
When I reached Sheetal's apartment, she came out and said, "I knew that you will come on time. Wait, let me get my purse."
"Wait," I said. "Where is uncle and aunty?" 
"They went for a walk," she replied. 
I asked her to switch on the television but she said, "No, we don't have time. Let's go."
When I insisted, she switched on the TV and I made her watch the terror attack news. Her face went pale and she sat down in melancholy.
I held her tightly in my arms and tried to console her. After 15 minutes, the phone rang. Since Sheetal's wasn't in the condition to attend the call, I picked up the phone instead.

"Hello, where is sheetal?" Shekhar asked from the other end.
"Shekhar! But the news?" I asked.
"Yes I know. I am about to reach my destination. Tell Sheetal to talk now because I don't know when I can get time to talk next." Shekhar said.
Just then Shekhar's parents arrived from their walk and said, "You both are still here. Didn't go out yet?"  

I just walked out without uttering a word and came back to my apartment. 
Switching on the TV, I sat on the couch watching the protest on social media. We, the people, can bewail on martyrs death. 
What makes them so strong? Always ready to serve their country without the apprehension of death. They give us a safe and secure life to celebrate our special day with our loved ones! 

I am thankful to those who are fighting to protect us and continuously serve our country.
Salute to their families!

Jai Hind !


https://thesportsminute.blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment

2020 & The New Year 2021!