Thursday 14 February 2019

Getting Older!

The topic seems quite interesting to me because I am surrounded by those who are getting old. I feel old some time while dealing with younger generations. This stage is very difficult for people to accept they are getting old, their thought is old and not accepted by young people or I can say millennials. The difference of thinking is that, older people forget once they were also young and they used to think the same way when they were in the same stage, Most of the time they behave mawkishly. There is a huge discrepancy between both generations. Lack of acceptance of thought which we called the generation gap.
An incident related to this I am going to share with you. While I was at the bus stop I saw an elderly man and there were a  group of youngsters, all waiting for the buses to arrive.  The Youngsters were smoking in their group. The man in his heavy voice asked the boys not to smoke in public place.
At first, they ignored him and continued smoking without a bother.  Again the elderly man asked them not to smoke, now with irritation.
The elderly man was correct because there were many people waiting for the bus prone to passive smoking. They were getting irritated with smoking but no one wanted to say anything. Because everyone was in there own thoughts. Some of them covered their face but no one wanted to mess with them. This time the boy replied, "what is your problem?" Very rudely.
But then my bus arrived. I boarded the bus and looked back at the man.
The man was standing there shocked by the boy’s rude reply. Quite embarrassed. He would not have expected that, I don't think he insisted further.
But left lots of questions in my mind. And this story to tell.



Sun Set image!


                            "Old age and the passage of time teach all things". Sophocles


www.smartcutng.xyz

No comments:

Post a Comment

2020 & The New Year 2021!