Wednesday 23 January 2019

New Beginning



                              

New Beginning, New birth

Six months ago I delivered a beautiful baby girl.

It’s a new chapter of my life as a mother. And I find myself happy and joyful all the time now. I was not like this earlier. I was a very cranky person and got irritated easily. I hated talking to anyone in the morning, and wanted to be by myself all the time.

After delivering the baby, I noticed that she woke up at odd hours in the night. It was difficult for me to handle her tantrums. I used to be so irritated by this. Sometimes I used to yank her and scream with frustration. But she cried more to irritate me further.


Every morning I drowned myself in self pity until one day I decided to try something new. I waited for her to wake up in the night. And like always, she woke up at 2:00 am. Instead of being irritated, I smiled at her. I was happy to see that she tried to respond back in the same way.


It then became my daily routine. No matter what time she woke up, I used to be joyful in fornt of her and make her smile. I kept doing this and soon realised that babies are a reflection of our character. They reflect back how we behave with them. Now people ask me why my baby is so calm and doesn’t get agitated.


She is only six months old but is quite sober minded. She catches up things quickly because I used to talk her. She loves music and I like to recite mantras to her. Whenever I am busy with work, I engage her with me. She observes things and tries to revert back with her expressions and keeps on smiling. I want her to observe things, so that she feels more comfortable with me and does not get agitated.


When I was pregnant someone told me babies are like soft clay. You can give them any shape. It is upon us how much effort we will put on our kid to make them better person in life.


Because babies are not growing with us, we are growing older with them!

1 comment:

2020 & The New Year 2021!