Monday 17 February 2020

Unwanted Guest

"I am alive, what? I am alive, how? Why?".
Lali was in a lot of pain. She tried to run away from that place. She didn't know where she was. But wanted to be home any how. She woke up to see sunny rays. An 8 year old girl wanted to escape from the place where she had come with the flow of water.  Her family, belongings, cattle had all flown with water. 
"Mummy”, she was calling her mother.
Didn't find her.
Almost rain has stopped.
She was starving. She needs food. 
Thinking of how her mother fed her. Made chapattis and bottle gourd dish which she didn’t like. But now she is missing the same taste. 
Although, she didn’t like it.
“If I will get this right now, I will love to have it.” She was hungry! She needed her mother.
"But where is mummy? Please come.”
Even after a lot of effort she wasn’t able to find her mother. 
She was running out from the bushy grass which had grown too much because of rain. She was afraid of insects which could be dangerous.
She started running. Suddenly she saw her leg stuck into a bog.
She was struggling to came out.
She managed to pull her leg. This time she was more cautious on the road.
“Oh God help me”.
“This road is too long, how can I get back to my place”
She recalled what had just happened when she was playing in her veranda. Her mother was calling her “come Lali, It’s starting to rain heavily”. 
But Lali ignored her mother. “Why did I not listen to mummy” she regretted her actions now. 
She saw waves after waves of water come towards her house. Cattle where getting restless in there shelter. They wanted to escape but only some of them were loosely tied. 
Lali was watching all this, smiling.
“Don’t worry Rani, it will stop”, Lali tried to calm down her cow, her favourite play buddy. Now she was starting to miss them for the first time.

Lali tried recollecting what had just happened. It was only few moments before that her mother was calling her forcefully. “Lali, come inside my child. Something is not good. Come quickly”.
But Lali did not show any urgency. She had smiled and nodded.
Instead of going inside, she had ran towards Rani. Her mother was shouting “No don’t go there. Come back! Come back!”.
That was the last time she had heard her moms voice.
Strong water waves pushed her and took her off her feet.
She was unable to see anything. as she was unable What happened to her in one blink of an eye”
She felt the water pushing her, where she didn’t know. 
She could hear people are screaming. Some of them were calling a god for helping them. Some of them gripped what ever they found. Tried to save themselves. But I felt pity for cattle’s who were unable to hold anything. They were screaming for help. How anyone could have helped them in this flooding. She was observing everything thing. She felt could stuck in something but water was too cruel. It was flushing everything out. I was floating with water.
“Mummy help me”
 At last water had thrown me out like a garbage. I stuck in a tree branches.
I felt sleepy. I slept off.
“Mummy where are you?” 
“I should have listened to you”. She was talking to herself.


To be continued.......

Is she able to find her mother? 

Follow me on blogspot and Facebook for more interesting stories.



2 comments:

  1. Interesting story ������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 2nd part is coming soon...
      To be continued....

      Delete

2020 & The New Year 2021!